Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Child Now In Heaven

There was a child who passed away last weekend. His name was Em-em.


Em-em was used by a criminal syndicate for many years. By the time he was rescued, he was already physically, mentally and emotionally damaged.


He could not even stay in a home for his own safety and security. He was always hungry and dirty. He was always looking for friendship and affection.


I cared for him. I wonder now if I did enough. But my love may have just remained in the periphery of his troubled life.


Rest in peace, my dear Em-em. I do not know how I will be relieved of my sadness and regret. But may all of our future acts of goodwill deeply touch more lives because you truly deserved to live in a much better world.

2 comments:

  1. hi, lisa.
    em-em passed away during his birthday celebration. he drank liquor with some teenagers from 3 pm till the following morning and never woke up again.
    virlanie foundation is awaiting autopsy reports.
    thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete